As an ethical therapist I am pleased to be able to provide entirely transparent Terms & Conditions to all my clients so that YOU know what you can expect from me.
What follows are my terms and conditions which will change from time to time.
Terms & Conditions
Gavin Bowtell BA(Hons), Dip.Hyp, GQHP, BWRT(Adv), LAPHP, MBBRS
Clinical Hypnotherapist, Advanced BWRT Practitioner
WSN Counselling & Coaching Level 2 Practitioner
Thank you for choosing Essex Mind Coach
Confirmation and Contract
By choosing therapy with me /signing this agreement / returning this via email:
- You confirm that all information you have given is full and correct, and that you are committed to undertaking a course of therapy or coaching as discussed on the date below.
- You understand that results can vary and that any therapist cannot guarantee results.
- My therapies are not a replacement for medical treatment, psychological or psychiatric services.
- You are free to terminate any or all sessions at any time. Sessions will usually last from 30 mins to 90mins.
- Contact between sessions will be strictly limited to telephone, email or letter.
- My phone is switched off/goes to voicemail after hours and cannot be used for emergency purposes.
Sessions & Therapies Used & Location
- Face to Face or
- Via Skye/Zoom or FaceTime (with prior agreement)
Not all sessions will include an intervention/technique or therapy; but I may use some or all of the following in combination or singly:
- Hypnosis/Hypnotherapy/Conversational Hypnosis
- BrainWorking Recursive Therapy (BWRT®) Level 1 & 2
- BWRT® Coaching
- BWRT® Defusing Depression
- WSN Counselling & Coaching Level 1 & 2
- Conscious Analytical Therapy
Some therapies may include some touch to hands, arms, fingers, shoulders or head. Please indicate if you would prefer I chose alternative methods.
WRITING TO YOUR GP
- I usually inform GP’s when I start working with a new client through a standard letter (see attached). This is particularly important where you are seeking help for a physical issue, as I may need to seek agreement before I can begin. E.g. hypnotherapy for back pain, migraines or high blood pressure.
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
Confidentiality is paramount and will be maintained in all but the most exceptional circumstances. Situations where information may have to be disclosed are as follows:
- If there is a serious risk of harm to yourself or to others, then your GP or the Police may be informed (it may not always be possible to talk to you first).
- The courts can also order disclosure of information in some extreme circumstances. It is a very complex area and I would always seek legal advice.
- I have clinical supervision, but will not disclose any information that could potentially identify you.
- I keep notes – but these are securely locked away in a filing cabinet, in a locked office.
- You are welcome to see them.
- You agree that reports requested by insurance companies, employers, courts, etc. will not be released without your written permission, and will incur a fee to prepare and provide which will be inline with current ICO guidelines.
- Any information I collect during sessions is stored for 6 years as per my insurance requirements at the end of which period it is destroyed by fire.
Sometimes things get in the way and you need to cancel with very little notice. However if you cancel with less than 24 hours notice and it is not and emergency then I may ask that you pay for up to 100% of the cost of the session.
Please be punctual. If you are running late please try to let me know.
I will always try give you some time if you arrive late, unless you are so late that no meaningful work can be done, or to begin therapy would be to over-run for another clients.
You will still be charged the same amount.
You can make payments in 4 ways.
- Pay cash at time of session
- Credit/Debit Card
- Online Banking
My fees are listed on my website here. If you qualify for a discount prices will be agreed prior to your first appointment.
All other policy documents are available upon request or via the website.
My commitment to you: I will use my expertise to facilitate the changes that are mutually agreed upon to be in your best interest, in the shortest possible time.
Signature: __Gavin Bowtell__ Date: _as of first session___
Client Name & Date :
Advanced BWRT® Practitioner
& Clinical Hypnotherapist